Thursday, July 12, 2012

Silver Trophies that Glitter!!

Its Thrifty Thursday!! Hurrah!!  My idea for thrifty Thursday started with a not so thrifty habit of mine.  I love Somerset Life Magazine, so when mine came this month, I was charmed, as always.


In one article about Susan Frick, she showed a couple of trophies that she had glittered.  Now if you know me much at all, you know I love glitter, especially the German glass glitter that tarnishes.  


I knew I had this black glass vase sitting and not selling at the mall, and wondered how it's love cup shape would look glittered.  I added in a silver plate sugar bowl, that is love cup shaped as well, to partner with the vase.  Susan had put a clock on the front of one of her trophies, so I went searching on Graphics Fairy, and thought the French Word Fleur De Lis would be a charming addition.  I sprayed the vessels  with glue, in sections and poured on the glitter.  For the front section, I applied the applique after spraying the glue, but before the glitter.  Now I just need to wait a 'while' for the glitter to tarnish to be as wonderful as the ones in Somerset Life.  You can check out Susan's blog to take a peek at her wonderful creations.  The trophies are a ways down her right side bar.  Have fun!!

4 comments:

  1. They turned out so great. Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a glitter girl, but those really are very cool! What a great project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought of using silverplate sugar bowls in place of loving cups. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I've been hunting plastic trophies. Never thought of using glass things in the shape of a trophy. Duh. Yours turned out so pretty.

    I found you on Graphics Fairy Brag Monday. Off to see what else you've done!

    ReplyDelete