Friday, July 6, 2012

My Garden House #2

My Favorite thing about this week, was definitely how much progress my prince made on my garden house.  He took the day off on Tuesday and then worked on it Wednesday, because he was off for the Fourth of July!!

He got the loft platform in, as well as the eve on the back and the sweet little eyebrow window in the loft. 


He got the first layer of wood on the roof, which is a siding that will make it look like their are boards up there, definitely more charming than looking up and seeing  wafer board, don't you think?
 Of course the mantel and the installation of the side back windows was pretty exciting too!! 
The sides will be filled with a patchwork of the antique windows I have been collecting, but they cannot go up until everything else is painted, because I am leaving their wonderful, chippy finishes!!           The evening of the fourth we had the kids and grands for a BBQ and fireworks.  When Eva, my 5 year old granddaughter saw the garden house she said, "Oh Grandma, is this a playhouse for the grand kids?"  When I told her it was 'my' playhouse she said, very seriously,  "OK, you can have the playhouse, but I get 'up there'."  pointing to the loft.  Guess Grandma is going to have to learn to share.

Thanks for coming along to see our progress, hopefully I will be able to blog the finished garden house soon!!

4 comments:

  1. Aren't husbands wonderful things...with their mad skills? I'm having a great time vicariously enjoying your "play house" being built. =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit I have been pinching myself ... feels too good to be true!!

      Delete
  2. Only in my dreams could I have such a wonderful place!!!! No wonder your granddaughter is enchanted by the place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous! What a wonderful space. I would love something like this in my garden where I could set up my sewing machine and create with all that nature around me. Can't wait to see the finished project. Thanks so much for linking up at Etcetorize this week!

    ReplyDelete